Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager
What Does a Professional in this Career Do?
Oversees engineering and technical design of agricultural engineering projects, such as cultivating, transporting and preparing food stuffs. Manages communication and coordination among different types of engineers working on a project. Supervises project schedule, budget, and communications with stakeholders.
There were 6 Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager job postings in North Carolina in the past year and 180 in the United States.
In combination with other careers in the Engineering Manager industry, which includes the Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager career, the following graph shows the number of people employed for each year since 2012:
Many new Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager jobs have salaries estimated to be in the following ranges, based on the requirements and responsibilities listed in job postings from the past year.
The average estimated salary in the United States for this career, based on job postings in the past year, is $97,594.
The average estimated salary in North Carolina for this career, based on job postings in the past year, is $90,152.
Percentiles represent the percentage that is lower than the value. For example, 25% of estimated salaries for Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager postings in the United States in the past year were lower than $85,477.
Education and Experience
Posted Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager jobs typically require the following level of education. The numbers below are based on job postings in the United States from the past year. Not all job postings list education requirements.
Posted Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager jobs typically require the following number of years of experience. The numbers below are based on job postings in the United States from the past year. Not all job postings list experience requirements.
|Years of Experience||Percentage|
|0 to 2 years||5%|
|3 to 5 years||47%|
|6 to 8 years||22%|
Below are listings of the most common general and specialized skills Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager positions expect applicants to have as well as the most common skills that distinguish individuals from their peers. The percentage of job postings that specifically mention each skill is also listed.
A skill that is required across a broad range of occupations, including this one.
- Communication Skills (39%)
- Planning (34%)
- Problem Solving (29%)
- Teamwork / Collaboration (28%)
- Microsoft Office (22%)
A core skill for this occupation, it occurs frequently in job postings.
- Food Industry Knowledge (56%)
- Project Management (56%)
- Budgeting (50%)
- Scheduling (28%)
- Engineering Management (27%)
A skill that is requested frequently in this occupation but isn’t specific to it.
- Cost Control (19%)
- Occupational Health and Safety (18%)
- Procurement (17%)
- Project Planning and Development Skills (16%)
- Commissioning (16%)
A skill that may distinguish a subset of the occupation.
- Dairy Industry Knowledge (6%)
- Equipment Design (6%)
- Equipment Installation (5%)
- Food Processing Industry Knowledge (5%)
- Equipment Selection (4%)
Salary Boosting Skills
A professional who wishes to excel in this career path may consider developing the following highly valued skills. The percentage of job postings that specifically mention each skill is listed along with the marginal value: the average salary difference between postings that request that skill and those that do not.
- Reliability Engineering Studies (4%) – marginal value $2,352
- Technology Transfer (3%) – marginal value $2,258
- Packaging Industry Knowledge (1%) – marginal value $2,163
- Engineering Leadership (2%) – marginal value $2,128
- Cost Efficiency (2%) – marginal value $1,585
Alternative Job Titles
Sometimes employers post jobs with Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager skills but a different job title. Some common alternative job titles include:
- Project Engineer
- Director, Digital Engagement
- Engineering Manager
- Senior Project Engineer
- Engineering Services Manager
If you are interested in exploring occupations with similar skills, you may want to research the following job titles. Note that we only list occupations that have at least one corresponding NC State Online and Distance Education program.
- Facilities Engineering Manager
- Industrial Engineering Manager
- Food Processing Engineer
- Industrial Plant Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Biomedical Engineering Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
- Design Engineering Manager
- Electrical Engineering Manager
- Construction Engineering Manager
Here are the employers that have posted the most Agriculture & Food Engineering Manager jobs in the past year along with how many they have posted.
- Epam Systems Incorporated (10)
- Nestle USA Incorporated (9)
- Tyson Foods Incorporated (7)
- Trident Seafoods Corporation (7)
- Kroger Company (7)
- Smithfield Foods (2)
- Illinois Tool Works (1)
- Mg Newell Corporation (1)
- Greene Resources (1)