ProctorU is a live online proctoring service that allows exam takers to complete assessments at home with security measures designed to ensure academic integrity.
DELTA Testing Services certifies ProctorU to administer exams for students taking fully digital exams through Online and Distance Education at NC State University (that have also been approved by the instructor).
*Fees are associated with this service*
Can I use ProctorU?
ProctorU usage will depend on a number of variables:
- Exams are 100% digital
- They cannot be paper-based exams or contain any paper component.
- Instructor discretion
- Even if the exams are 100% digital, instructors have the freedom to decide if this service will be offered or not.
- Remote student
- All students within a 50-mile radius are expected to take their exams locally at our facilities.
How do I set up ProctorU?
- Submit a request
- If you want to use ProctorU, you should first submit a request via the Request a Remote Proctor Form. Their service is pre-approved and will appear at the top of the “proposed proctor” selection box.
- Wait for course information to be uploaded
- Once received, our office will verify the use of ProctorU for the course submitted. During this phase, the testing staff will upload course information to ProctorU. ProctorU must process this information and deem it “active” in their system before a student is able to schedule is able to schedule his or her exam.
- Register with ProctorU and schedule exams
- DELTA Testing Services will correspond with you via email notification when exams can be scheduled, or in the event that ProctorU is not a viable option for the course. Once approved, students can schedule your appointments through ProctorU.
What does it cost?
- Assessments are prorated by ProctorU and students can expect a cost of; $17.50 (1-hr. exam), $25.00 (2-hour exam), or $33.75 (3-hour exam) billed when you schedule the exam. This fee covers the entire testing experience regardless of how much actual time it takes to complete the assessment.
- There is a $5 late fee for exams scheduled within a 72-hour window.
- Refunds are given if the cancellation is within 48-hours prior to the scheduled exam time.
What else do I need to know?
- The exam can be taken online at your convenience, at a specified date and time within your instructors exam window. Please verify your dates and times on your Moodle page.
- Always allow buffer time (~15 mins) for checking into exams. Waiting until the last minute may cause you to miss your exam window.
- Students are expected to follow all ProctorU policies regarding exam submission and assessment integrity, as well as the Student Code of Conduct. Incidents are reported to us by ProctorU.
What if I have issues with ProctorU?
If you run into any issues with scheduling an exam with ProctorU, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 919.513.1513. The DELTA Testing Services staff can correct all issues quickly and in a timely manner when given proper notice.
For more information about getting started with ProctorU, hardware requirements and scheduling, please refer to the FAQ for students.