Welcome to the local testing guidelines page. The information below will provide guidance on how to make an appointment and what to expect when you appear for an exam.
- All appointments must be made 6 hours in advance. No walk-in testing is permitted.
- Students may arrive no more than 20 minutes early to check-in for their appointment.
- To check-in:
- DRO students should send their accommodation letters to email@example.com at least 72 hours before attempting to schedule their first appointments. View more information below under the “Making An Appointment” section.
NO SHOW, NO APPOINTMENT, AND MAKEUP EXAMS
- Appointment times are strictly enforced. If you arrive late, you will not receive additional time and risk your appointment being canceled; no exceptions.
- Students may reschedule an exam at least 6 hours in advance. View the FAQ below for more information.
- Students may cancel an existing appointment up to the minute of their original appointment.
- Important: canceling an appointment will not ensure that you receive a seat at a different date or time!
- Students who arrive without an appointment will be referred to their course instructor.
- If you have permission to take a current semester exam early or late, your instructor should submit the online extension form on your behalf. Our staff will contact you once the form is received.
- Students or instructor’s inquiring about make-up or incomplete exams from a previous semester should email firstname.lastname@example.org. The exams in RegisterBlast only reflect current semester courses.
- DELTA Testing Services will not administer these exams during the university’s final exam period.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
All appointments are made online using RegisterBlast. Need help? View the FAQs for RegisterBlast below.
Don’t see your course listed in RegisterBlast? Is there a discrepancy with the exam dates or allotted time limit? Please contact email@example.com prior to scheduling an appointment.