Welcome to the local testing guidelines page. If your instructor has registered their course to use DELTA Testing Services, this page will provide information on how to make an appointment and what to expect on test day.
- All appointments must be made 6 hours in advance. No walk-in testing is permitted.
- Students may arrive no more than 20 minutes early to check-in for their appointment.
- To check-in:
- DRO students should send their accommodation letters to email@example.com at least 72 hours before attempting to schedule their first appointments. View more information below under the “Making An Appointment” section.
NO SHOW, NO APPOINTMENT, AND MAKEUP EXAMS
- Appointment times are strictly enforced. If you arrive late, you will not receive additional time and risk your appointment being canceled; no exceptions.
- Students may reschedule an exam at least 6 hours in advance. View the FAQ below for more information.
- Students may cancel an existing appointment up to the minute of their original appointment.
- Important: canceling an appointment will not ensure that you receive a seat at a different date or time!
- Students who arrive without an appointment will be referred to their course instructor.
- No makeup or Incomplete exams will be administered during the university’s final exam period.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
- All appointments are made online at go.ncsu.edu/takemytest. Need help? View the FAQs for RegisterBlast below.
- Don’t see your course listed in RegisterBlast? Is there a discrepancy with the exam dates or allotted time limit? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to scheduling an appointment.