Qualifying for Aid
As an online student you can qualify for financial aid if you meet the following criteria:
- You must enroll in a degree-seeking program, approved teacher licensure program, or graduate certificate program. Non-degree students, including those in undergraduate certificate programs, NDS and PBS are not eligible for assistance.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
- You must be making satisfactory progress toward completion of your degree.
- You may not be in default on any federal education loan or owe an overpayment of a federal education grant.
- If applicable, you must be registered for the Selective Service.
If you are eligible, NC State will calculate your need, which is defined as the difference between the cost of attending NC State for one academic year and the expected family contribution toward paying those costs.
Learn More About Eligibility
Details About Qualifying for Financial Aid
Distance Education programs are billed at a different rate than courses taken on campus. Students who take Distance Education courses exclusively may have their financial aid awards adjusted based on the actual charges incurred. You should contact your financial aid adviser to determine how your financial aid eligibility will be impacted.
We understand how difficult paying for college can be, and we want to be a resource to help you understand your options. We are happy to discuss borrowing and the types of loans that are available, as well as direct you to outside scholarship resources you may wish to pursue.