NC State’s Online and Distance Education programs offer maximum flexibility without sacrificing quality. Our programs receive the same accreditation — and are taught by the same excellent faculty — as our in-person degrees. As a leading STEM university, NC State deploys best-in-class technology and learning solutions so you can access the academic curriculum regardless of your location or schedule.
In addition to flexibility, our programs:
- Lead to a variety of credentials such as graduate degrees (both master’s and doctoral), graduate certificates, teacher licensure, undergraduate certificates, and bachelor’s degree completion programs;
- Represent many of NC State’s academic disciplines, which are organized within the university by college. The following colleges offer online or distance education programs: Agriculture and Life Sciences, Design, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Natural Resources, Sciences, and Textiles;
- Are delivered in all 50 states and U.S. territories;
- May lead to professional licensure in North Carolina and other states;
- Are offered in three delivery formats — fully online, onsite, or a hybrid of online and onsite. Learn more about our program formats here.
#19 for Online Graduate Engineering
We’re one of the best choices in the country for engineering professionals, according to U.S. News & World Report. (U.S. News and World Report, 2024)
#7 for Online Business Analytics MBA
Jenkins MBA is known for equipping students with business analytics skills, one of the top skills employers are looking for (U.S. News and World Report, 2024)
Nationally ranked programs in engineering, business and science
Ready to Get Started?
Getting started with your online program is easy. Below, you’ll find options to explore our degree programs, as well as non-degree studies for those who want to take an individual course or earn a certificate.