Skip to main content

Professional Licensure in State-Regulated Professions

State laws may require practitioners to be licensed to practice in their state. NC State University’s membership in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) has no impact on state professional licensing requirements. Thus, online and distance education students pursuing a professional program that may require state licensure to practice must contact the appropriate agency in their home state prior to beginning their program of study. NC State University cannot confirm whether a particular course or program meets requirements for professional licensure in the student’s home state.

To assist students seeking professional licensure, the list of professional associations below provides links to state agencies that approve professional licensure in fields in which NC State University offers online and distance education programs. Prior to enrollment, determine whether licensure is required to practice and if so contact the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice.

Selected National Professional Associations