Student Support Administrator
What Does a Professional in this Career Do?
Responsible for operations within a student support facility, ensuring all facility staff and students' needs are met.
There were 59 Student Support Administrator job postings in North Carolina in the past year and 2740 in the United States.
In combination with other careers in the Elementary and Secondary School Administrator industry, which includes the Student Support Administrator career, the following graph shows the number of people employed for each year since 2012:
Many new Student Support Administrator jobs have salaries estimated to be in the following ranges, based on the requirements and responsibilities listed in job postings from the past year.
The average estimated salary in the United States for this career, based on job postings in the past year, is $57,810.
The average estimated salary in North Carolina for this career, based on job postings in the past year, is $47,681.
Percentiles represent the percentage that is lower than the value. For example, 25% of estimated salaries for Student Support Administrator postings in the United States in the past year were lower than $41,850.
Education and Experience
Posted Student Support Administrator jobs typically require the following level of education. The numbers below are based on job postings in the United States from the past year. Not all job postings list education requirements.
Posted Student Support Administrator jobs typically require the following number of years of experience. The numbers below are based on job postings in the United States from the past year. Not all job postings list experience requirements.
|Years of Experience||Percentage|
|0 to 2 years||37%|
|3 to 5 years||54%|
|6 to 8 years||6%|
Below are listings of the most common general and specialized skills Student Support Administrator positions expect applicants to have as well as the most common skills that distinguish individuals from their peers. The percentage of job postings that specifically mention each skill is also listed.
A skill that is required across a broad range of occupations, including this one.
- Communication Skills (45%)
- Teamwork / Collaboration (38%)
- Planning (35%)
- Building Effective Relationships (22%)
- Organizational Skills (22%)
A core skill for this occupation, it occurs frequently in job postings.
- Teaching (39%)
- Special Education (25%)
- Budgeting (24%)
- Mental Health (8%)
- Staff Development (7%)
A skill that is requested frequently in this occupation but isn’t specific to it.
- Scheduling (18%)
- Staff Management (15%)
- Record Keeping (7%)
- Vaccination (7%)
A skill that may distinguish a subset of the occupation.
- Case Management (7%)
- Educational Programs (7%)
- Student Placement (6%)
- Managing Student Data (5%)
- Tutoring (5%)
Salary Boosting Skills
A professional who wishes to excel in this career path may consider developing the following highly valued skills. The percentage of job postings that specifically mention each skill is listed along with the marginal value: the average salary difference between postings that request that skill and those that do not.
- Counseling Services (3%) – marginal value $11,114
- School Psychology (2%) – marginal value $5,749
Alternative Job Titles
Sometimes employers post jobs with Student Support Administrator skills but a different job title. Some common alternative job titles include:
- Student Advocate
- Director Of Student Services
- Student Services Coordinator
- Student Support Coordinator
- Student Relations Technician
If you are interested in exploring occupations with similar skills, you may want to research the following job titles. Note that we only list occupations that have at least one corresponding NC State Online and Distance Education program.
- Director of Special Education
- Elementary and Secondary School Administrator
- Assistant School Principal
- School Principal
- Superintendent (Education)
- School Athletic Director
- Director of Instruction / Curriculum Specialist
- Dean of Students
- Physical Education Teacher
- Dean (General)
Here are the employers that have posted the most Student Support Administrator jobs in the past year along with how many they have posted.
- Idea Public Schools (48)
- Boston Public Schools (21)
- Ascend Public Charter Schools (21)
- Clark County School District (20)
- Oakland Unified School District (19)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (7)
- Tmsa Public Charter Schools (5)
- Durham Public Schools (5)
- Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools (5)
- Union County Public Schools (3)
NC State Programs Relevant to this Career
If you are interested in preparing for a career in this field, the following NC State Online and Distance Education programs offer a great place to start!
- Educational Administration and Supervision Doctoral Degrees
- School Counseling Master's Degrees
- Special Education Master's Degrees
- Special Education for Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Graduate Certificates
- Statistics Education Graduate Certificates
All wages, job posting statistics, employment trend projections, and information about skill desirability on this page represents historical data and does not guarantee future conditions. Data is provided by and downloaded regularly from Lightcast. For more information about how Lightcast gathers data and what it represents, see Lightcast Data: Basic Overview on Lightcast's Knowledge Base website.