How to Apply
- Transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended.
- Completion of an NC State Graduate School application. Please click here for further instructions.
- Statement of Purpose (300-400 words): A concise statement about your academic and professional (work) background, your career goals and your reasons for applying to this degree program. Please be specific in explaining how this program fits your educational and career objectives.
- Personal Statement (500 word limit): How have your background and life experiences, including cultural, geographical, financial, educational, or other opportunities or challenges, motivated your decision to pursue this degree? For example, if you grew up in a community where educational, cultural, or other opportunities were plentiful or especially lacking, you might discuss the impact this had on your development and interests. This should be a discussion of the journey that has led to your decision to see a graduate degree. Please do not repeat your Statement of Purpose.
- Identify at least one thematic research area of interest from the following and explain why you have an interest in this area: completion and transfer, learning outcomes, labor market outcomes, equity, technology, and/or culture/organizational behavior.
- Processing fee of $75 to the Graduate School.
- Official Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or GRE scores, taken within the last five years, can be accepted.
- Resume/Curriculum vitae.
- Three references from a leader in an organization, or supervisor, peer and/or faculty member.
- Online North Carolina Residency Form (if claiming North Carolina residency for tuition purposes).
|Entry Semester||Application Deadlines and Details|
|Summer I early application deadline||August 31|
|Summer I finaI application deadline||December 31|