Our AACSB International-accredited program is a powerful, affordable investment in your future that can be tailored to fit your lifestyle. Login to classes when and where you like and complete the entire program online, with the option to take face-to-face courses in Raleigh or Research Triangle Park (RTP) if you’d prefer the best of both worlds.
The Jenkins Professional Online MBA Experience
Taught by our same award-winning faculty as our on-site classes, our top-ranked Professional Online MBA is one of the best values in management education today. And we have built in optimal flexibility:
- Students can select from an Accelerated or Flexible program to earn their degree in as little as 21 months or up to six years.
- Our online program can be started in either the fall or spring semester depending on what best fits your academic goals and schedule.
- Online courses can be completed at a location and time convenient to you within the deadlines set by each professor.
- Two required 3-day residencies on NC State’s main campus in Raleigh, NC. Active duty military may waive this residency requirement and replace with other elective courses.
Our Professional Online MBA offers only the best, proven technologies to help connect you with your professors, guest speakers and fellow students. Primarily asynchronous, online courses are taught through podcasts, video and online presentations, and you will work with virtual teams for discussions and group projects. Professors keep office hours through a virtual collaborative space, phone, email and online chat.
Admission to the MBA program is highly competitive. Successful applicants demonstrate:
- Strong intellectual performance and academic promise, evidenced by previous undergraduate and graduate work as well as GMAT or GRE scores;
- An employment history demonstrating management potential through full-time work, volunteer, or military experiences;
- Leadership skills, maturity, creativity, initiative and teamwork orientation;
- A desire and willingness to learn about technology and the management challenges it creates.
- Please be aware that admissions decisions are based on a combination of the factors outlined above. Although GPA and GMAT/GRE are important factors, high scores in either or both of these areas does not guarantee admission.
Prerequisites for Admission:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- One course in statistics prior to matriculation with a grade of C or higher;
- Two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment.
Students are admitted to the program twice a year, for Fall and Spring semesters. An application check of required materials, upcoming admission deadlines and events, as well as information about GMAT/GRE waivers is available on the MBA Admissions webpage.
The Online MBA graduate program requires 40 credits. At 2019-20 tuition rates, the cost of the required courses is $1,154 per credit for North Carolina residents and $2,027 per credit for non-residents. Thus, the total estimated cost for the program is $46,160 for North Carolina residents and $81,080 for non-residents. See Online and Distance Education Tuition and Fees for cost details.
Plan of Study
Our 40-credit hour Professional Online MBA program offers the utmost flexibility in an MBA program. You may earn a top-ranked MBA on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Top-ranked Online MBA
Students take an integrated core curriculum, with a focus on technology, business processes, and practical applications in a collaborative online learning environment.
Through a mix of coursework, virtual simulations and team-based projects, students connect with a supportive community of peers and faculty, forming a network with lifelong benefits.
The NC State Jenkins Professional Online MBA program is taught using mainly asynchronous methods with some synchronous methods. This means that students can complete the course requirements at a time and location convenient to them, within the deadlines set by each professor.
Students access courses through WolfWare, NC State’s online learning management system featuring educational tools such as Moodle and Zoom, streaming video files, and discussion boards.
Students have access to the same resources as our on-campus students, including the Jenkins Career Management Center and excellent technical support through the NC State DELTA Department.
For every hour spent in the virtual classroom, students typically spend two to three hours outside of class studying and working in teams.
The Jenkins MBA announced significant academic updates for students entering the program for the fall 2016 or thereafter. You can review the updates here.
Areas of Emphasis
Want your MBA to elevate your marketing management skills? Interested in pairing your current background in technology with business?
Professional Online MBA students do not declare a concentration but do complete a Depth Requirement, comprised of 6 credit hours of study in a particular business area. These mirror our concentration areas for Full-time MBA students.
Students have ample opportunity to customize their MBA through 9 hours of elective courses– above and beyond the depth, practicum and analytical requirements — in the 40-credit hour program.
Students can select from an Accelerated or Flexible program to earn their degree in as little as 21 months or up to six years.
The accelerated path (21 months to graduation) was developed specifically for Professional Online MBA students who value time to degree completion above all other factors.
Students on the accelerated path are not typically able to complete an area of emphasis, and it is likely that you will have to complete an international course or a course outside of your home campus (RTP, Main Campus or online) in order to complete graduation requirements in 21 months.
The NC State Jenkins MBA Career Resources staff is committed to helping you take a proactive approach to launching your career. On your behalf, we are continually building relationships with companies seeking graduates in the areas of expertise that correspond to your education.
Whether you attend MBA classes in the Evening or Online, the Jenkins Career Management Center (CMC) understands career management needs for working professionals are unique and varied. Our flexible format, customized approach and commitment to all Jenkins MBA students are directly tied to your career success.